Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stress produces diamonds

Sad when you start to ponder a line of logic with a hypothesis that is technically false. It's pressure that produces diamonds, not stress. You can feel stress from pressure, I suppose, but it's not the cause... it's a symptom. Stress is something I would like to get rid of, or to handle differently let's say.

Right now my life is full of ups and downs and a lot of waiting. Oh the waiting. I'm not a patient person, ask Noah. If there's a decision to be made or a present to be opened, I say let's cut to the chase and have done with it. That's not the hand life has dealt me this round... and I'm suffering for it. I like to know things, to have all the cards on the table so that I can adjust my expectations appropriately. Never mind what the outcome is, just so that I know it's coming. No more of this in the dark thing, please.

Someone chime in and tell me it's building my character. I have two words for you... but we'll leave that for later. I have plenty of character building in my life right now. I don't want any more. It's wreaking havoc on my body and my emotions. I'd like break please.

Wouldn't it be nice if it worked that way?

If stress = pressure then I'm sure going to be one heck of a diamond one day.

3 comments:

  1. You already ARE one heck of a diamond, my dear. Don't ever forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things:

    1. How did I completely miss the existence of your blog? Gah. Anyhoo, I've subscribed to your feed now.

    2. Stress sucks. Waiting sucks. Plus, budget cuts suck, and they involve stressful waiting and, here, they lack sufficient transparency. As you know, I was recently rewarded for a long (4 year!) wait/search for a tenure-track job. I feel such relief, and I hope that you, too, will soon find some clarity and recover the opportunity to make your own decisions.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm taking your success as hope for the future. Only way to go is forward. Glad you've subscribed to the feed, friend.

    Oh, and yes I'd be happy to adopt your fish :) Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I wanna know!