Thursday, April 28, 2011

Loch Ness and Pitlochry

Who knew I would stay in Loch Ness ever in my life?

Scotland is a magnificent place, full of beauty and surprise, and castles. Oh, and Highland cows. I did love the cows.

I fear I will sound like a broken record ... the rugged beauty of Scotland stole my heart away. I really can't wait to go back there some day and revel in its wildness and grandeur once again. We hiked in Cairngorms National Park, up the side of a mountain and down again. Her Majesty's Royal Air Force decided to give Lori a minor heart attack during our hike, as well, by buzzing the valley below us, which would have been less frightening overall if we had been able to see them through the trees instead of just hearing the screaming explosion of sound echoing off the valley walls. Lori's flight response kicked in, but she didn't run far, just far enough to grab my arm :)

The travel sloth finally makes his debut here, at least in my photos. He rode on the dash of the car the whole trip, but as I was the one driving, I don't have many photos to that effect. Had to keep my eyes on the road, ya know?

I didn't want it to end... Ireland could never measure up to the glory of Scotland... and truthfully it didn't, but that didn't stop me from enjoying my time there as well.

I hope you enjoy my photos!

Oh so many castles


On the shores of Loch Ness

Our hostel

A stack for Noah

Nessie?!

Lori, marveling at the gigantic black slugs on the trail


The awesome highland cows!




The view from the Pitlochry hostel

Castle Braemer, Cairngorms


The cackling phesants


Sloth!




A view of the valley






On our way back down through the heather with only a deer trail to guide us

2 comments:

  1. Your posts are making me want to go to Scotland so badly!

    And I love the Nessie picture lol.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I wanna know!