Sunday, May 22, 2011

That's right, folks! It's Blog Award time!

Wheeeee! I've got another blog award :) That makes me happy! Why? Because it means people are ACTUALLY READING these posts! Also, it makes me a little stressed... because people are actually reading these posts!!! What must you all be thinking?

But enough of that! Now on to the fun part! The award :)


Thanks a heap to my friend Julie over at her blog, rosewood pencil box., for giving me this award. She's a wonderful writer, a delightful friend and I enjoy following along with her on-line musings. You should all go visit her blog right now, say hi, and laugh at her jokes.

Now I'll perform the feat of mental gymnastics required to give you seven little known facts about me (that are different from the seven you got with the last award...)

Hmmmm...

1. I am a re-reader, and a re-watcher... if there is a story I like... and sometimes if there is a story I'm not sure I liked/understood, but that I feel like I should have liked/understood... I will revisit it many times. In fact, I try to absorb the story's characters, motifs, soundtrack (even books have a virtual soundtrack in my mind), everything I can about it. Some people find this habit amusing, others find it dull (if you already know what's going to happen, why bother, right?)... what can I say? It's that part of me that loves escapism in movies and literature...

2. I love movies with a heroine named Eli(s/z)abeth in them. And there are precious few, believe you me. The main movies I love with heroines named Eli(s/z)abeth are Pride and Prejudice (the BBC one with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. If you've never seen this, put it in your Netflix queue RIGHT NOW. I'm not kidding.) and the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy (Number 3, At World's End, is my favorite of those. Number four was a predictable let-down. It also did NOT have "Will" and "Elizabeth" in it).

3. I am incapable of being late. I mean... it's not a complete impossibility, but if I am late it usually has to do with circumstances outside my control... and results in me having a moderate to severe anxiety attack. I have tried to be late before... when this happens, I usually arrive at my destination EXACTLY on time... or 2 minutes early. Seriously, can't be late.

4. I don't like to share food. Actually, this is an urban legend. I don't mind sharing food. I just don't like sharing ... shall we say... unexpectedly.

5. Loosely related to number four... I love cooking for people. I think it's because I love having people in my house and making them feel at home. I greatly enjoy making way too much food and making sure everyone has eaten as much as they possibly can, with the left overs wrapped up for them to take home. I so much want people to enjoy what I make for them to eat that I will do a practice run on new recipes that I want to try before I feed them to people (unless you're Noah and Lori, and then you just have to suffer through the taste test... not too many duds yet, though).

6. I have a journal collection. You may be thinking to yourself, "She's a writer. Typical." But no... I don't have a collection of completely filled journals. I have a collection of journals that I have written a few pages in and then forgotten about (i.e., put on a shelf and not continued with). I have to audibly tell myself not to buy them when I'm in bookstores... or any place journals are sold. People around me probably think I'm crazy... and they're probably right. I think it's the unrealized potential of the blank pages in a prettily bound book that makes me desire them so. And it's the sting of having some unknown psycho actually read and leave written comments in them ( happened. broke into my room during college orientation, ransacked it and defaced my journal) that has kept me from actually being able to stick to writing in one since then. But I so want to... so I keep buying them... and hoping that one day I'll write in them again.

7. I like tofu. Never thought I'd actually say that... I mentioned in the last blog award list that I'm vegetarian. Have been for over a year... and I now regularly eat and enjoy tofu. :)

I have only started following a few new blogs in the past months. Of those, only two would likely receive/respond to this award. Of those, one (rosewood pencil box.) just presented me with this award. :) So that leaves one more.

Science and life and a small bucket of crazy... is a blog by a woman I greatly admire. She's a brilliant scientist, an awesome mom, and a talented horsewoman. I met her when she jumped in to fill an instructor role for my beginning riding class at UC Davis. She's a great teacher, and though we live on opposite sides of the continent now I'm glad to call her a friend. Make sure you stop by her blog and say hi.

(For a list of blogs I noted last time, see here.)

Alrighty then... off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday... I'm thinking nap. You?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh!! I am blushing! I don't know what to say! (Insert Extremely Rare silence!!)
    .
    .
    .


    Thanks so much! Now I can worry that people are reading my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of things we have in common: "I don't mind sharing food. I just don't like sharing ... shall we say... unexpectedly." HA! Exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh, now I'm trying to remember if I ever randomly took a bite of something that was yours...

    I do miss lounging around your house and eating delicious homecooked meals and derby pie. Mmmmmm Derby pie...

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I wanna know!