Friday, October 7, 2011

More Yellowstone!

Here are some more shots from my trip to Yellowstone. I wish I had a more inspiring post for you today, but my thoughts are a little muddled. One of my dear ones is hospitalized right now, and I'm worrying for her, even though I know worrying won't help... but it's all I can do... and on top of that we're going to Kauai on Sunday for 10 days... and all the details that go into making that trip a success (and making sure all my creatures are happy and well-fed) are driving me a little to distraction. Sheesh! I need to go read a book... maybe a zombie book... to try to calm down. ;)

Enjoy the photos!

Yellowstone Public Transportation: some of these
babies still have crank engines!

Bison!

Hee hee hee!

Columnar basalt! Created by lava flows... ya know,
 from the SUPER VOLCANO!

A great book about the Sheepeater Indians:
"Mountain Spirit" by Lawrence Loendorf and Nancy Stone

Friend! At Osprey Falls





ELK! Blocking the bathrooms, no less...



Least Chipmunk.

Natural Bridge


Bison jam...



Raven!

2 comments:

  1. Nice variety of wildlife and scenic shots to complement the memories of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rolling bison, how cuuuute!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I wanna know!