Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo and a snow storm

Ok, so those cool pictures I posted in the snow? Yeah... We got slammed! There were 8 inches on the ground of wet, heavy snow... and in the trees... and on the wires... The power went out for the second time this year. It was NOT a piece of cake... I mean, we were better prepared for how to handle it than last time, but... (and this is for you California folks who don't know about snow) it's COLD when it snows! So we were without power/heat/water for a total of 36 hours... 3 nights... I was bundled in so many layers I couldn't bend my knees! And never took my hat off... even when I was sleeping.

So here I am once again singing the praises of electricity... running water and central heat never felt so good!

Now on to NaNo. It's day one! The excitement is a-crackle in the air... and I've made my quota of words for the day (hence the blog posting). I think this one has potential... at least in the way of me finishing it and being happy with it, not struggling with it and beating it to death like the last one. Yay!

A big shout out to all my writing buddies who are furiously scribbling away. May the writing fairies be with you.

He must have died if the little mermaid had not come to his rescue -
The Little Mermaid, by Hans Christian Andersen 
Painting by Edmund Dulac

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? I wanna know!