Thursday, August 2, 2012

Top Ten Characters I’d Like To Switch Places With For 24 Hours

I jumped on a bandwagon and decided to follow a meme for the rest of the year (as much as I can)... the Top Ten Tuesday meme here! Sadly, it's Thursday... but I am undaunted!

Here are my top ten characters I'd switch places with, in no particular order.

  1. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) - not that I could ever be her... she's brilliant... but I would love to live in a world where magic like that was real.
  2. Susan Pevensie (The Chronicles of Narnia) - because I want to meet Aslan!
  3. Elizabeth Bennett (Pride and Prejudice) - How amazing would it be to be part of that world for just a little while? Fancy dresses for balls, servants to cook and clean, parties to attend... and she's not too good for the rest of the world.
  4. Morgaine - it's definitely about the magic, and the time period... this character from Arthurian legend, as portrayed in "The Mists of Avalon,"... I'd love to walk around in her shoes for a little while.
  5. Gemma Doyle (A Great and Terrible Beauty) - her life seems so exotic, and with the magic she discovers, anything is possible!
  6. Bean (Ender's Game/Ender's Shadow) - Bean had it hard, but for the chance to know Ender, I'd switch places with him.
  7. Arwen (Lord of the Rings) - Daughter of an Elven Lord... need I say more? Plus, she has a love affair with one of the most honorable and heroic characters in literature (IMHO)...
  8. Mary Lennox (The Secret Garden) - I know she loses her family and struggles to find her place in a very unforgiving world, but she shines through it all... and the garden is alive and beautiful.
  9. Peter Pan - What I wouldn't give to have adventures, fight pirates, and be able to fly!!!
  10. Alec Ramsey (The Black Stallion) - I read these books when I was young and I have always been enchanted by the Black... and Alec's relationship with him. Fearless. Incredible.
What do you think of my choices? Are there any you would add?

3 comments:

  1. ALEC RAMSEY!!!!! OMG I haven't read those books in forever. And I'm totally looking forward to my daughter being old enough to enjoy them. I've read every book ever written by Farley. *Sigh* Way to take me back. I loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I read books that are not uplifting at all, as I'm trying to think of characters I'd want to be who don't have it SO hard. Hermione for sure and Peter Pan- hell yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your list and I think I'm in agreement with almost every single one except for Gemma, whom I'm not familiar with (but perhaps I should be...).

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I wanna know!