Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Good Morning, October! When did YOU get here?

It's OCTOBER! That means Halloween is coming! And so is NaNo! *scrambles around for that one notebook with all her novel notes for this year....*

To be perfectly honest, I'm a "pantser" when it comes to NaNo (that's National Novel Writing Month, in case you didn't know. The whole month of November is a creative party! 50,000 words in 30 days! Check it out!). By "panster" I mean I just hop in with no plan, just a vague idea and the motivation to create something. It's actually how I approach MOST of life, come to think of it. Ha... well, there you go... that explains a lot.

Anyhow! This year, I'm going to be visiting my super awesome friends in CA (and staying with amazing awesome Leslie) during the first 14 days of NaNo! Eeek! There's no way I can pants it this year if I want to make the goal. I'm going to have to be a PLANNER! *shudders in fear and chagrin at the thought*

Luckily, I have an idea already! Woot! Having an idea is half the battle right there. What's better is that I've already started note taking... dare I say it... outlining (!!) even. My goal is to have the whole story mapped out by October 31, to not forget my laptop when I get on the plane on November 2, and to get up and write every morning at Leslie's, just like I would if I'm at home... only with more dedication to knocking out words quickly because I wanna hang out with her, too, and not spend all day staring at the computer screen. Write or Die should help with that.

It's ambitious and I'm not sure if it will work out at all, but that's the plan so far... here's hoping! I can't NOT do it this year, though. I like the idea too much :)

Anyone else out there taking the NaNo challenge this year? To be honest, I can use all the support I can get, but I give support equally! Lemme know and sign up, sign up, sign up! Then make me your NaNo buddy! My handle is (of course) fairbetty!

Ok, now here's some random art that I've done in the past couple of weeks... just for fun :)
A new raven :)


Dream Girl with stars in her eyes
Doctor Who fan art

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait for your arrival! We'll set you a nice little writing station. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That and a supply of coffee and I'm good to go!

      Delete
  2. I don't have the cojones for NaNo~ I've known about it for three years now, but I'm too scared to try :) Love the grass hues on that raven one (is that all water color, or did you use something else for the bird?)! Best of luck getting your plot done by Halloween~ you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These 3 are all watercolor... even the black. It's my new favorite medium, actually :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with NaNo! I also make it all up as I go along (yes, like life, and yes, that explains a lot!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't Leslie have a fancy job these days? And that Dr. Who thing is just gross!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does and the Ood are amazing. Trust me :)

      Delete
    2. What! Umm, it's not a fancy job. I wish I worked at the barn.

      Delete
  5. The raven looks great! I love that painterly style. I just did the August NaNo and I am thinking about doing November as well. Insane I know. I love chaos but we shall see. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I signed up for NaNo once. It was the most productive month of my life, I finished two chapters of my dissertation, a short story, and I completely revised a different novel.

    Official word count for the month: 0.

    I'm a bit of a procrastinator, so it was really useful to have something I was procrastinating from doing. Maybe I should sign up again this year...

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I wanna know!