Thursday, January 24, 2013

Breakthroughs

You know that moment? The one where you suddenly come up with an idea that will solve a major plot problem in that manuscript that you shelved a year ago... yeah... it's like a great big bolt of lightning!

And then you realize how much actual work it's going to take to rewrite and fix the plot problem. Sigh...

BUT! Having a solution is better than not having a solution... especially for a story you care about.

It's one of those days where I'm looking up at the mountain I have to climb and wishing for a cable car ride to the top.

Time to go take the first step up the trail.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the breakthrough! Can't say I really know the feeling specific to writing novels, but certainly I know those lightbulb moments in other contexts. :-)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I wanna know!