Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Return trip to Cali: St. Louis

Ok... so I haven't posted every day since we started driving. That is probably due to the fact that I have been having a literal nervous breakdown. I'm mostly better now... but it was at the cost of visiting my family in Chattanooga "on the way." Yeah, it wasn't on the way, but it would have been nice to see them. Instead, I spent a day in bed in a hotel room in Columbus, Ohio. So not fun.

But... I woke up this morning and felt better, so we jumped at the chance and hit the road. I managed today with no random bursts of tears or panic attacks.

The animals have been great, completely chill (as much as cats can be chill in a car). Tag is so good... surviving and doing his best to share space with Jack and Gill. Bangs spends all his time in the back of the car, even though he started in the front. It's rough, but we're managing.




Tomorrow we're headed to Omaha, and I will hopefully have dinner with someone I haven't seen in ... is it possible it's been 15 years? Crazy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better, and hope that continues! I see your black kitty likes to read. The Silmarillion--good taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a few days left! Then we'll eat and relax and play boardgames and watch Doctor Who!!!! Hang in there, girl.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I wanna know!